Lemon and Orange Marinated Chicken
Lemon and Orange Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets – scored 3 or 4 times each with a sharp knife
- Juice of half a lemon and half an orange plus the finely grated zest of both (Substitute with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of orange juice if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaped teaspoon of runny honey
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a shallow baking dish. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the chicken and turn to coat it all over with the marinade.
Cover the dish and leave to marinate for as long as possible – minimum half an hour or even overnight works well too.
Marinate in the fridge and bring back to room temperature before cooking.
Place the dish on the top shelf and cook at 180°C for 15-20 minutes checking with the tip of a knife that the juices run clear before serving.
Posted by junie on 15.03.2010